Senior data engineer
- Power platform
- data access
- 32 – 40 hour/week
Are you passionate about working in the Dental Care sector and about data, PowerBI and making data accessible for the organisation?
Our goal is to continue our expansion through both organic growth and strong M&A activity. EDG has been growing rapidly, completing more than 100 individual M&A transactions over the past 5 years.
The EDG Competence Centre is located in Hilversum, the Netherlands and is looking for a
Senior data engineer with experience in the Power BI platform
In this international focused role you will utilise methodologies such as SQL, PowerBI, PowerApps, PowerBI Report Builder, Power Automate, Board and TimeXtender. Working in partnership with the various European countries to set up a Datawarehouse. To develop reports with data that helps the company to identify, analyse and implement opportunities in the clinics and labs and embedding a continuous improvement and learning environment that focuses on the needs of the customers and patients.
You work will work closely with the IT team and Finance team of EDG.
- Support and maintenance of the current Datawarehouse platform and improve current implementation(s).
- Identify, analyse and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
- Support initiatives for data integrity and accuracy.
- Test and support implementation of new or upgraded software.
- Test and support implementation of updates to the data model.
- Troubleshoot the Datawarehouse environment to pinpoint data and reporting issues.
- Analyse data needs and build according reports.
- Map Business Processes, identify gaps, listen to ideas, prioritize projects and lead to resolutions.
- Work with management to analyse business and information needs.
- Set up new data streams with new acquired companies and entities.
- Train end users on new reports and dashboards.
- Implement and maintain security structures with local IT organisations.
Skills and Competences
- Data analysis; ability to process and interpret data
- Technical knowledge; knowledge of data models and database design, experience with Power BI, strong knowledge of querying languages (SQL) and knowledge of TimeXtender. or similar ETL technology.
- Reporting; Ability to write comprehensive reports with a clear message and ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements and to create clear and understandable solutions
- Analytical skills; An analytical mind with an inclination for problem-solving in order to draft relevant management information from large data sets
- Communication; ability to communicate effectively cross-cultural with different levels in the the organization and fully comfortable working in English, both written and spoken.
- Collaboration; focus on team work with colleagues to achieve the team objectives, highly adaptable and bringing positive energy.
- Pragmatic; can-do attitude.
- Leadership; strong interpersonal leadership, presentation skills, convincing people with the right attitude in an international environment.
- Languages: Fluent English
- Minimum 7-10 years of relevant working experiences in the area of BI and data.
- Minimum 3 years of Power BI development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Business, Mathematics, Economics, or related field.
- Working experiences within the Health Care sector (Dental), Retail sector and multi-site will be a pre.